Sunday, December 26

Boxing Day and Legacies

Here's a Shout Out to my Canadian friends: Happy Boxing Day, eh! Actually, Boxing Day (normally 26 December) is observed tomorrow, since this is one of those exceptions, for holidays which fall on a Sunday. I'm still learning the subtleties of Canadian life, eh. It's too bad that it really has nothing to do with putting the bows and ribbons back in their boxes, since that makes for such a splendid story.

Boxing Day is one of my favorite holidays (now that I only celebrate official Canadian holidays); it's the day that (other than chowing down on some Ashoka canned Indian food) retailers sell their Christmas stuff at 75%+ discounts, to make way for all the Valentine's Day stuff. If you think I'm kidding, drop by your neighborhood Wal-Mart (a place in which I do not set foot) and check out the "Seasonal Aisle".

Deep Thought #52: I think what Coca-Cola needs are more derivations from the original formula (not shown).

Kudos to Jill-Bob for the 333 ml can of Coca-Cola Light (the 150 ml can is one that I snagged during a flight to|from Europe a few years ago).
Photo note: the 1/3 liter can is slightly smaller than the 350 ml (12 ounces) that's standard in the USA, and had to be perched on the top row of this photo, else the Coke Pyramid would've experienced premature topplecation (a term President Quagmire probably inventigated already).
Today, the Dallas Managed News named Karl Rove (President Quagmire's Chief of Staff) as Texan of the Year. This absolutely, positively sends the wrong message, IMESHO*. I think they should've named someone to admire, like Lance Armstrong or Carole Keeton Strayhorn. Karl Rove's legacy is that he will stoop to any depth to get his candidate elected which is a very, very bad message. Then again, maybe that's what Texans admire in 2004: the lack of any illusion of ethics.
* In My Ever-So-Humble Opinion

No comments: