Friday, December 10

hunting the wild and unpredictable Müslix

I wandered across eHow.com - Clear Instructions on How To Do (just about) Everything when I was looking up Müslix today. Google's list of pages related to eHow include such forgettable URIs as SoYouWanna.com, Learn2.com, EveryRule.com and so forth.

When I searched for Müslix using a9 the first return was Texas A&M University! Indeed. I tried it again, and the link to Texas A&M vanished. Lesson learned: software rocks! {giggle}

It turns out that Mueslix (Müslix) is a Swedish word meaning "Trail Mix Cereal". Well, okay .. maybe that's not in the dictionary .. but it should be. I'm amused that Kellogg's markets the cereal in this country as Müeslix, apparently because most Americans don't know that ü = ue (hence Müeslix==Mueeslix !)

No comments: