Wednesday, June 30

if open(floodgates) then recall(water)

It's amazing how much plagiarism exists on the Internet, and once something's posted, it's nearly impossible to correct something.

I searched for "Film at 11" hoping to find an explanation of its' usage in early television, when live remotes were still in the future. I didn't find it; instead there were many references to life outside MIT [Massachusetts Institute of Technology], each a ripoff of the others.

The same problem exists for the nonsense that the Texas flag should be flown at the same height as the US flag (debunked on snopes.com) yet I got yet another email this week in a list of Yee-Haa-Ain't-Texas-Great malarky. I corrected the sender, but no retraction was issued. Most people won't admit that they didn't check their facts.

I had to visit 3 different online mapping sites before finding one that would accept the Fry's Electronics location in Irving (none would take the address in Arlington). The nearest Fry's to me is 13 minutes (and 7 miles) away in Plano; the 2nd nearest is 15 minutes (and 8 miles) away, in Dallas-Garland. The one that seemed closest wasn't even - 20 minutes and 13 miles (in Irving). Not sure why I assumed Irving was closer; perhaps it's the picturesque drive en route DFW Airport? Either way, now I must wait until 8am when they open.

No comments: