Saturday, January 3

lazy, hazy days of winter

BoyWasIEverPleased to find Groundhog .org - the Official Site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club. It's supposed to be early winter, but we set a record high here in Dallas yesterday - 78F. I can hardly wait for spring to arrive!

I'm now back from the movies; I saw Lost in Translation (2003). This is easily Bill Murray's finest work; there were humorous parts in the film, but it wasn't the focus as in Caddyshack (1980), Ghostbusters (1984), Groundhog Day (1993) ... more like his non-starring role in The Royal Tennenbaums (2001). His co-star in this movie is Scarlett Johansson (of Horse Whisperer (1998) fame). Even Ebert & Roeper agree with me (they ranked it #2 and #3, respectively).

I must decide what to do about the front windows! The house came with Roman shades, which never particularly rang my bell, so I'm thinking about doing shutters. I spotted two in the paper: Sunburst Shutters and The Louver Shop.. I'll check them out, along with some competitors.

It's a good thing I don't really work on my own car anymore. I might have to assemble the Ultimate Tool Set from a place like The Ultimate Garage.

No comments: